The United Arab Emirates is known to be one of the prime locations for business and travelling, hundreds of tourists, business men, property investors travel to the UAE from all across the globe. The upside to this is that the visa procedure for UAE is extremely easy and convenient, there are several ways through which you can check UAE visa status, apply for different types of visas, and other visa-related problems without any hassle.
The biggest problem any visitor may have to face during their stay in the UAE is remembering the expiry date of their visa. Amidst all the travelling, exploring, and busy schedule, one is bound to lose track of the exact dates and carrying the passport wherever you go can be difficult and risky. We have a solution for that you can do the UAE visa validity check through some easy methods while being on the go.
Procedure to Check UAE Visa Status via Online Portal
It is a well-known fact that a visa is an essential document for any traveler, not only does it prove your legitimacy as a visitor but it is also required to do any activity as a resident successfully. While you stay in the UAE, you would be required to show your valid visa on several occasions, like renting an apartment for your stay, finding a job, investing in a property, and more.
Fortunately, the Government of UAE has generated an official portal where you can go through the procedure online and access all the visa-related services. If you wish to do a Dubai visa check by passport number only, visit the official website and follow the procedure. The steps are pretty easy, and here is how you can check UAE visa status;
- First you would have to visit the official portal through the following link; https://smartservices.ica.gov.ae/echannels/web/client/default.html#/fileValidity
- Here you need to select “change language’ and click on the language you want.
- Now, click on the “Passport Information” tab.
- You can now select the option of either “Visa” or “Residency” depending upon the type of your visa.
- Enter the passport number and passport expiry date.
- After this, you would have to select your nationality from the dropdown menu.
- Lastly, make sure to check the captcha checkbox before clicking on the search tab.
Once you are done with this, you would be redirected to another page containing all the visa-related information, including the expiry date.
Using GDRFA Portal to Check UAE Visa Status
The General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) deals with all the visa-related queries, applications, and rules. As the authorities work to bring more ease for the visitors and residents in the visa services, they have only been able to generate a separate portal for Dubai only. Therefore, if you are a resident of Dubai or planning to visit this beautiful Emirate then you are in luck.
Before moving forward, if you are about to move from Australia to Dubai, or from the USA to Dubai, take a look at our l travel guide. Keep reading to find out the procedure for Dubai visa check online by using the GDRFA website.
General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) – Dubai Website
The procedure for checking the visa status through the GDRFA website is relatively easy. All you need to do is follow a few simple steps;
- You would have to start by visiting the official website;
- After opening the website, you would have to select “Residence Validity” from the drop down menu.
- Now you would have to enter your UAE residence visa number (residence file number), which is written on the visa page of your passport.
- Then you would be required to enter your first name (as per the passport) and your gender.
- Add your correct date of birth (as per the passport) in the formatting of dd-mm-yyyy.
- Lastly, don’t forget to enter the captcha code in the bar specified before clicking the “submit” option.
Once you are done filling in all the required information correctly, your entire visa validity details will appear on the screen with a green colour right below your submission form. The details regarding your visa that you will access through this process would include; your name, visa expiry date, date of birth, nationality and gender.
General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) – Dubai Application
To answer all your UAE visa status enquiry in the most convenient way possible and solve all your visa-related problems, GDRFA has also introduced an app for the residents. If you feel like the procedure to check UAE visa status online is too hectic, you can simply download the app and use it on your smartphone. Here is the procedure of using this app in order to check your visa expiry date and other visa-related services.
- First, download the app from the app store.
- Once it is downloaded, open it and select the “services” option.
- Click on the option of “Entry Permit/ Residence Status.”
- Then you would have to select “Residence Inquiry.”
- Here you would be required to add details like; your visa code, first name, date of birth, and nationality.
- After entering all the required details click “Inquiry.”
Upon completion of the above procedure, a green tick would appear on your screen along with the details of your visa if you have entered all the information correctly. The details that you would be accessing through this process are; your full name, visa expiry date, visa number and the type of visa you possess.
Other Tips Regarding UAE Visa Status
Since you may already know that to check UAE visa status by any of these methods, you would need your passport details. However, it would be too risky and hectic to carry your passport everywhere since it can be lost or stolen. Which is why a smart move in this situation would be to keep a scanned copy of your passport in your phone or a photocopy of it in your bag. This way, you would be able to easily access all the details regarding your visa at any time.
Moreover, there are a lot of options which you can avail while applying for a visa. The process to check its status is the same for all of them. Nonetheless, keep in mind that it is extremely important to get your visa renewed before it expires in case you plan on staying longer. If you fail to get your visa renewed beforehand would result in you having to pay overstay fines in the UAE.
That is all from our side about how you can check the UAE visa status through various methods within a few minutes. We hope this guide helps you in keeping a track of your visa expiry date and solve all your visa related queries.
If you are travelling to Dubai for the first time, take a look at our tourist’s guide to Dubai so that you don’t miss out on any of the amazing opportunities.
Keep visiting Propertify Blog to know more what to do while travelling to the Emirates. Don’t forget to follow us on our Facebook page so that you can stay updated with all the real estate matters in the UAE.