- Why Invest in Portsmouth?
- Property Investment in Portsmouth
- Portsmouth City Centre
- Portsmouth Suburbs
- Havant Area
- Gosport Area
- Fareham Area
There is the fact that Portsmouth is the only island city of Britain, making it a unique and favourable place for inventors to increase their business. Portsmouth is also famous since it’s home to the Royal Navy. The fact that it is the biggest port used for commercial purposes, this port is unique. Not just the port, but the city of Portsmouth became a popular place for investors to start and grow their business. But the question remains – why should you invest in Portsmouth?
Worry no more because we have all the answers! In this blog, you will find out why Portsmouth is heaven for real estate investors, why it is growing exponentially and what great values are there for you as an investor. You will get to know how it is located.
Why Invest in Portsmouth?
There could be thousands of reasons that can tell if a person should invest in Portsmouth or not. Let us look at some of the significant reasons why investing in Portsmouth is beneficial for the business. It is located between the Langstone harbour and the Portsmouth harbour on Portsea Island. Facing the English Channel, Portsmouth is a part of Hampshire connected by the bridges to the mainland. Here is a list of some more facts about why investing in Portsmouth is heaven for real estate investors.
- One of the significant reasons for increased business growth in the Portsmouth region is the high population. The most densely populated city of the UK has a population of around 207,000. The land has its significance and is a great source to support the real estate market in the Portsmouth region.
- Gosport, Havant, and Fareham are the most urban areas with numerous local authorities and are considered places with higher significance. Places like these have a higher chance to provide any business opportunities to grow.
- The name itself tells that it’s a port area, which means international dealing with a busy schedule is a typical daily routine. It is an international port that caters for activities that support international business for the UK., one of the most extraordinary freight handling and a fantastic ferry route to get the job done directly. The routes also cover destinations like France, Spain, Bilbao, Caen, Cherbourg, Le Havre, St. Malo plus Jersey, and Guernsey.
- Security around the port is super strict because of the naval activity of the port. The economy is solely based on the shipping business. There are jobs at the port for over 20,000 people, including navy personnel and civilian staff. There are two types of shipping taking place at the port navy and commercial shipping.
- The UK technology company IBM is also located at the North Harbour Portsmouth. There are other employment opportunities nearby in the town, for instance, business services, light manufacturing, public service and transportation.
- Although it is evident that Portsmouth is a working city and there is no doubt that it is a very successful one, it is also a historic place that attracts many tourists and visitors all around the world. With the national museum and the historic naval dockyard, this is a far more appealing city than the rest of the UK.
- Portsmouth’s fast-paced business point offers higher possible chances for this city to become an even larger business point.
- There is a high chance for the Portsmouth real estate market to surge in opportunities to invest in Portsmouth, and houses for sale in Portsmouth will become more accessible. Property Values in Portsmouth will become more sustained. Rental Demand is going to increase because of the high demand for business and tourist attractions.
Property Investment in Portsmouth
Here is a brief guide for knowing more about the best places to invest in Portsmouth.
Portsmouth City Centre
Average House Price: £220,000
If you give a tiny bit of attention, you will realise that Portsmouth city centre is relatively small and you can easily find houses for sale in Portsmouth city centre if you know about the real estate market. You can also observe that the property values in Portsmouth city centre are relatively higher compared to other parts of the city. And because of this, the rental demand is also significantly higher. It is a great place to live because there are perks that will ease your lifestyle, like easy transportation.
Average House Price: £150,000 – £290,000
There are amazing property investment opportunities in the Portsmouth Suburbs. With a marvellous property range of traditional terraces, apartments, private and social housing estates, not only this but some limited and prestigious sea view facing properties that are unique in their way and cannot be found easily.
Average House Price: £270,000 – £330,000
Havant Area is into Portsmouth and further afield. It is a perfect place for residential purposes. This area has expanded at a breakneck pace in recent years.
Average House Price: £230,000 – £260,000
Located across the Portsmouth harbour, Gosport is the home for Royal Navy facilities, including HMS Sultan. Gosport is a residential spot for those who work in Portsmouth.
Average House Price: £300,000 – £330,000
It is an entirely separate residential town to the northwest of Portsmouth itself. Being on mainland Fareham has excellent transport links and good train services to Portsmouth and Southampton, and elsewhere.